By: John Verlinden*/TRT Columnist—
What a winter! There have been piles of snow and record cold. After each artic mass we got a Canadian cold front, which was followed by an Alberta Clipper, and then by a Nor’easter. We’ve gone through bags of salt searching for solid pavement. Even my snow shovel looks haggard and worn out, and I’m sure its back is tired too.
Well, even though we aren’t quite done yet, I’m optimistic. We’ll probably have a few more sloppy storms, but spring, at least officially, begins this month. I think we deserve a treat, don’t you? What better way to celebrate our long anticipated escape from the grey and cold than with chocolate.
You’ll love this easy, never fail recipe from my new book, To Cook is To Love. Celebrate spring with every bite of deep, dark, fudgy yumminess.
Cake de Chocolate (Chocolate Mocha Fudge Cake)
1 dark chocolate cake mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup of water
2 tablespoons orange zest
2 tablespoons espresso coffee powder
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a bundt cake pan by treating it with nonstick cooking spray for baking.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients except the chocolate
chips and mix until smooth.
4. Add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine and distribute chips.
5. Pour the batter into the treated bundt pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. When cool, invert cake onto serving plate.
8. Pour a little confectioners’ sugar in a sifter and sprinkle over the top.
Until next time—¡Mucho Gusto!, ¡Muchas Gracias! y ¡Buen Provecho!